Thread Thursday: I'm dy(e)ing - too much pink!



This post is not about sewing or crochet but it is related in a way. I have received many baby clothing items as a hand-me-down, which I am very grateful about.
It has allowed me to save so much money. I have added a few items that I made myself but the bulk is used from friends or family <3 o:p="">
However, there is one big issue I have. I think this does not relate to hand-me-downs in general but the whole girl’s clothing industry.
There is just SO MUCH PINK! And not even different pinks, no, most of it is the same two shades of bright dark pink or very light pink.
I have kept a few pink items although I really do not like the color much. However, there were so many pink items that I sorted out 3 bags and decided to dye them different colors.
I chose a teal, a navy blue and a Bordeaux red. I may sort through one more time for a green bag at a later point.
I used RIT liquid dye and already dyed one batch with the teal in the machine. But then I ran out of salt and bleach (of course).
So, I am continuing the dyeing later today and add pictures later. I think with the teal it worked out pretty well. In the pictures, you see the “before” for the red and blue, and the “after” for the teal.
I forgot to take a “before” picture for the teal batch.
What do you think?


Next week I will hopefully finally be able to show you the finished crochet sweater I am forming on.

Labels: , , , ,