Sephiroth Painting

This year I made one big geeky present for my sweetie. I had seen someone put Star Wars and Star Trek characters in old paintings before and really liked those.
So I decided to make something similar.
After a long search I found a perfect landscape painting at an antique shop.
First I wanted to add the vault dweller and Dogmeat from the new Fallout game we have been playing so much lately, but really one of his favorite games is Final Fantasy 7 and especially the character Sephiroth.
I enjoyed that game so much as well and it was my first console game after a long time of PC gaming which my sweetie had lend me when we were first dating. So epic Sephiroth it was and he was gonna hate on some barn ;)
Here a little animation of the process: 


I started with this picture and used oil colors.


First I added a layer with the base colors.


The second layer with the lighter colors in the flames I pretty much added right away because it was ok to mix a little with the darker flames.


But for all the other details on the character and the smoke I had to wait for it to dry. And it took forever. I had to wait 2 days before I could continue and was so happy I got it all done in time to wrap it on Christmas day :)


The frame that came with the picture worked really well also. Here is what I ended up with.


I'm super happy with it, sweetie loved it and hung it up in the man cave right away. Weeee!
Hope you enjoyed it too. Until next time!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,