2014 First Quarter Goal Recap

In my Goals post in January, I have been talking about how I was inspired by my friend Rose, who posted per 2014 goals on her blog. Recently she posted a first quarter recap of how she did so far, which was a great read, and I decided to do the same. So here it is – tada – my first quarter goal recap:

  1. Make a plan and motivate myself
    I definitely have been a lot more motivated, but the planning thing is still sketchy :). I started with a plan for the blog – see more about that under #2
  2. Blog Daily
    Ok, blogging daily is not happening. Well, let’s say it this way. I am trying, but then I want to show results and pictures and it’s later in the day, so I push it off due to light issues (still need to buy some daylight light bulbs for pics), and then I don’t post for a couple of days. Because I have a hard time coming up with what to write about if I can’t show off progress for a project. But I already have some ideas I can include into the blog. for example, I love to read other blogs, especially crafting blogs. So I was thinking I can talk about them a little. Or maybe some interesting ideas I find and want to sometimes try. Also, I read some articles about writing blogs and one tip – even though it’s not directly related to writing – is to turn off word verification for comments. I already have comment moderation, so I get the chance to review and answer comments, so I really don’t need word verification. It is just a hassle, and I have to agree, because I also find it somewhat annoying (half the time you can’t even read the darn thing)
  3. Friends
    I think I am doing ok. Have been gaming, and currently I am lucky because one of my friends is getting married and there are many crafty preparation meetings to participate in.
  4. Crafting
    I definitely have made some great progress here. I added 9 items since mid-January. But I could definitely do more. If I want to reach 100 by the end of the year I have to double my efforts.
  5. Health
    Hmm, sadly I was really slacking in this one. I worked out a few times in contrary to a few times A WEEK. Well, at least I did not gain any weight :P. But seriously this is a major area I need to focus on.
  6. Cleaning
    Also this area was not really a change from what it was. Could do more.
  7. Relaxing time
    Yeah, well. this is not really a goal I could seriously fail at LOL

So…end result is a little meager. Need to make sure I have some more stuff to “brag” about next quarter.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,