Spring or bridal dress for Barbie

Last Monday I started this Barbie dress. I tried to do most with the machine, but had to put in the sleeves by hand as they are just so tiny. Next time I need to alter the pattern so I can add the sleeves with the machine before I close the side seam. I used a very simple white batiste and the pattern is from a pattern for an Eowyn dress fro Barbie I found online: Link. But I only used parts of it: the bodice, the sleeves (shortened) and the skirt, which is just a circle. After that was done I added the stitches, which took me about 3 days. I did id while watching TV, so it's a nice side activity. The idea for the stitches I had from the Alabama Studio Style. Check out the gallery here.

And now some pictures:


Comments