Africa Bag

A couple of days ago I was looking through my fabric stash for some fabrics for my new 2010 project list. Of course, I did not find what I wanted, but something I had planned a long time ago and never finished.
Many years ago my relative from Cape Town gave me some wonderful fabric. It's a cotton print with Africa animals on in. I had added some rough linen from another garment and some inside pockets and zippers from an old corduroy bag that had "died".

Now that I had found this projects, I had to finish it, and forget about my new 2010 projects for a while. I always get side tracked like that - it's horrible :)

So this is the final result - my Africa bag:

But let's start from the beginning. Below is a picture of the original fabric patch and the linen that I used for the lining:


I first sewed the inside pockets, that I had rescued from the old corduroy bag onto the linen:


This is how it looked after I added the outside fabric and zipper - from the inside:


And from the outside without the handles yet:


Luckily I only got side tracked for two days - ha ha - but it's going to happen again, I just know it.

Comments